FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A former Fort St. John man who has been on the run for over a year on a Canada Wide Warrant has been arrested in Vancouver on Friday…
RCMP say Vancouver Police has arrested Dana Nazarek, 51, on his Canada-wide warrant.
In June 2021, Nazarek removed his electronic supervision bracelet while in Richmond, BC, and failed to attend court that same day.
For a year, police have been attempting to locate Nazarek who was intentionally evading police.
On August 5, 2022, in the early hours of the morning, VPD officers conducting proactive patrols came upon a group of people in the Southeast district of Vancouver who may have been involved in a fight. VPD officers spoke with the persons on scene and located Nazarek who had an outstanding Canada-wide warrant.
Nazarek was arrested back in February 2018 following a search warrant at his home on 87th Ave in Fort St. John. Seized from his house at that time was…
- 5 loaded firearms
- 800 suspected fentanyl tablets
- 2 ounces of suspected fentanyl
- 20 ounces of powder and crack cocaine
- 3 ounces of crystal meth
- $38,000 in cash.
Drugs and weapons seized during a search warrant back in February 2018 in Fort St. John.
Back in December of 2013, Nazarek and his wife Laura Nazarek were arrested for 1.5 kg of cocaine, 2000 fentanyl pills, $115,000 in cash, and $15,000 in stolen property. Both faced charges of trafficking and possession of stolen property at that time.
Dana Nazarek remains in custody at this time and has been held for a court date.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 2, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, -29.2°C December 6, 2022
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 24. POP 60% December 6, 2022
- Tuesday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature rising to minus 9 by morning. POP 60% December 6, 2022
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 2. December 6, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 13. December 6, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 4. December 6, 2022
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 8. December 6, 2022
- Friday: Sunny. High minus 5. December 6, 2022
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 16. December 6, 2022