FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police in Fort St. John are asking for the public’s help with vandalism to two local outdoor park washrooms last weekend…
Police say the first incident occurred on May 14, 2022 at 7:35 AM, when officers received a report of mischief to the public washrooms at Matthews Park, located at 9024 87th Avenue. The washrooms received extensive damage to the inside and were also graffitied.
Then on May 16, 2022 at 7:31 AM, officers received another report of mischief to a washroom at the skate park located at 9205 93rd Avenue, which was vandalized with graffiti.
“It is really sad and disappointing when some of the city infrastructure, which is meant to be a convenience and benefit for our using public, many of them youth, children and families, is graffitied and damaged,” said Constable Chad Neustaeter, Media Relations Officer for the Fort St John RCMP.” If anyone knows anything about these incidents, please call police so we can attempt to follow up with whoever may have done this.”
The Fort St. John RCMP continue to investigate and ask that anyone with additional information about these incidents to please contact investigators at 250-787-8100.
Released by Fort St. John RCMP
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John October 5, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 8.5°C October 6, 2022
- Wednesday night: A few clouds. Low plus 4. October 5, 2022
- Thursday: Mainly sunny. High 14. October 5, 2022
- Thursday night: A few clouds. Low plus 5. October 5, 2022
- Friday: Sunny. High 16. October 5, 2022
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 5. October 5, 2022
- Saturday: Sunny. High 17. October 5, 2022
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 6. October 5, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 19. October 5, 2022