FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police in Fort St. John are asking for the public’s help with vandalism to two local outdoor park washrooms last weekend…
Police say the first incident occurred on May 14, 2022 at 7:35 AM, when officers received a report of mischief to the public washrooms at Matthews Park, located at 9024 87th Avenue. The washrooms received extensive damage to the inside and were also graffitied.
Then on May 16, 2022 at 7:31 AM, officers received another report of mischief to a washroom at the skate park located at 9205 93rd Avenue, which was vandalized with graffiti.
“It is really sad and disappointing when some of the city infrastructure, which is meant to be a convenience and benefit for our using public, many of them youth, children and families, is graffitied and damaged,” said Constable Chad Neustaeter, Media Relations Officer for the Fort St John RCMP.” If anyone knows anything about these incidents, please call police so we can attempt to follow up with whoever may have done this.”
The Fort St. John RCMP continue to investigate and ask that anyone with additional information about these incidents to please contact investigators at 250-787-8100.
Released by Fort St. John RCMP
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John June 27, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 16.4°C June 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. Low 10. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 18. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% June 27, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 21. June 27, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 10. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 24. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low 12. June 27, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 25. June 27, 2022