FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A pedestrian has died following a serious collision on 96th Street Tuesday afternoon in Fort St. John…
Police say just before 1:30 PM, officers were notified of the collision at 96th Street and 96th Ave by BC Ambulance.
Upon officer arrival to the scene, paramedics were treating the pedestrian who was struck by a pickup truck while crossing at the intersection. The pedestrian was transported to Fort St. John Hospital with serious life threatening injuries.
The driver remained on scene and was cooperative with the investigating officers. Impairment has been ruled out police say.
In an update this morning, police have said the pedestrian has since succumbed to their injuries and family has been notified by RCMP.
Police continue to investigate the incident and are asking for any information the public may have who hasn’t already spoken to police. Please call 250-787-8100.
Released by Fort St. John RCMP.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John June 27, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 16.4°C June 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. Low 10. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 18. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% June 27, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 21. June 27, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 10. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 24. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low 12. June 27, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 25. June 27, 2022