FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A pedestrian has died following a serious collision on 96th Street Tuesday afternoon in Fort St. John…
Police say just before 1:30 PM, officers were notified of the collision at 96th Street and 96th Ave by BC Ambulance.
Upon officer arrival to the scene, paramedics were treating the pedestrian who was struck by a pickup truck while crossing at the intersection. The pedestrian was transported to Fort St. John Hospital with serious life threatening injuries.
The driver remained on scene and was cooperative with the investigating officers. Impairment has been ruled out police say.
In an update this morning, police have said the pedestrian has since succumbed to their injuries and family has been notified by RCMP.
Police continue to investigate the incident and are asking for any information the public may have who hasn’t already spoken to police. Please call 250-787-8100.
Released by Fort St. John RCMP.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John October 5, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 8.5°C October 6, 2022
- Wednesday night: A few clouds. Low plus 4. October 5, 2022
- Thursday: Mainly sunny. High 14. October 5, 2022
- Thursday night: A few clouds. Low plus 5. October 5, 2022
- Friday: Sunny. High 16. October 5, 2022
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 5. October 5, 2022
- Saturday: Sunny. High 17. October 5, 2022
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 6. October 5, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 19. October 5, 2022