UPDATE: Police have issued an arrest Warrant for Justin Edward PAWLUCK.
PRINCE GEORGE, BC: Shortly before 9:30 PM on Sunday, December 6, 2020, the Prince George RCMP initiated a traffic stop in the 3700 block of Lansdowne Road. Police believed a prohibited driver was using the vehicle.
When one officer approached the vehicle to speak with the driver, the vehicle sped up and the officer was struck in the arm with the side mirror. A second RCMP officer maneuvered his police vehicle in an attempt to block the suspect from leaving the area and the police vehicle was struck by the fleeing vehicle. Neither member sustained serious injury.
Additional units came to the area to search for the suspect vehicle, which was located abandoned a short time later.
The 37 year-old driver, Justin PAWLUCK, is known to police. As a result of this incident, the British Columbia Prosecution Service has charged PAWLUCK with the following offences:
- Assault police officer with a weapon (2 counts)
- Assault with intent to resist arrest (2 counts)
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Flight from police
If more information becomes available we’ll update.
- B.C. prepares to safely move to Step 2 of its restart plan… June 14, 2021
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021