Police are pleading with the public to lock their vehicle doors and to not leave any valuables in their vehicles. It is a simple reminder, yet the RCMP continue to respond to calls in the community when residents leave their doors unlocked with valuables visible inside.
So far this year the Williams Lake RCMP have received 125 reports of thefts from vehicles. This is up 98% from this time last year”, says Inspector Jeff Pelley of the Williams Lake RCMP.
Some tips to curb property crime include:
– Do not leave any property in your vehicle;
– Use an anti-theft device;
– Park in open, visible areas;
– Light your driveway at night;
– Record the serial numbers of all items of value.
If you have any information about property related crime in our community, please contact the Williams Lake RCMP at 250-392-6211 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Pack-A-PC event a huge success once again… December 10, 2018
- Man found unresponsive in parking lot of local pub… December 10, 2018
- Police investigating Attempted Sexual Assault… December 10, 2018