PRINCE GEORGE, BC: Over the past two weeks, the Prince George RCMP has seen a dramatic spike in property related offences along the 15th Avenue corridor. From Victoria Street to Foothills Boulevard, there has been more than 40 property crimes reported along, or in close proximity, to 15th Avenue in Prince George.
Break & Enters, Thefts from Vehicles, and Mischiefs are some of the types of complaints police have received. Bike Theft and Motorcycle Theft has also occurred along this stretch of road.
There have been spikes in other areas too:
· Multiple property crimes have been reported along Spruce Street between 15th Avenue and 20th Avenue;
· Many thefts from vehicles are occurring around hotels in the downtown core. Thieves appear to be targeting hotel patrons;
· Sheds and garages throughout the City are being targeted too. Please secure these buildings and when possible, don’t leave valuables in them.
Lastly, at least six motorcycles have been stolen in Prince George in the same time period, with three of them being in the area of 5th Avenue and Tabor Boulevard. Four of the six motorcycles have yet to be recovered:
· 2008 White Honda CBR 125R with Alberta licence plate LFL16
· 2007 Black Yamaha Moped With BC licence plate L32014
· 2015 Green & black Kawasaki KLR 600 with Alberta licence plate QY424
· 2016 Black Suzuki VR650 with BC licence plate Y36207
Police would like to remind the public to take the time, effort and expense if necessary, to secure your property and prevent yourself from becoming a victim of crime. Many of these property crimes could have been prevented if property was properly secured and stored.
If you have any information about property crimes or the persons responsible, please contact the Prince George RCMP at (250)561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1(800)222-8477.
WRITTEN AND RELEASED BY PRINCE GEORGE RCMP