PRINCE GEORGE, BC: Since Sunday August 26, 2018, the Prince George RCMP has received more than one report from women who believe they may have been drugged while socializing at a local licenced establishment in our community…
These investigations are on-going and a priority for the RCMP.
Investigators are aware of recent social media posts indicating that more persons may have been involved in similar incidents recently. The Prince George RCMP would like to encourage those involved in similar incidents to come forward and make a report to the local Detachment.
Reports can be made at the Detachment located at 455 Victoria Street in Prince George or by calling the non-emergency line at 250-561-3300.
Police would also ask anyone that may have witnessed one of these incidents or have information that could further the investigation, to contact the Detachment as well. Once again, the non-emergency phone number is 250-561-3300.
The Prince George RCMP would like to remind those persons that choose to socialize with alcohol, to take precautions:
· Always attend with a trusted friend;
· Never leave a friend behind;
· Never leave a drink unattended;
· Never accept a drink from someone you don’t know or trust;
· Always arrange a safe ride home;
· Advise loved ones of your plans.
If you experience symptoms that leave you to believe that that you may have been drugged, attend the hospital immediately. Discuss with medical staff and if warranted, call police at 250-561-3300.
- Chilliwack man dead following serious crash… September 19, 2018
- Over two hundred tickets issued during School Zone enforcement… September 19, 2018
- Human remains found near Smithers… September 18, 2018