PRINCE GEORGE/BC PEACE: Tonight is the big night to celebrate the end of 2017 and ring in 2018 and many will be heading out to have some fun. Of course we’d like to give you some options to make sure you make it home safe…
If you’re in Prince George, there a few options to get you home safe tonight.
- Call Operation Red Nose at 250-962-7433 for a ride. Click the link above to view their FB Page for more information. Operation Red Nose runs from 9 PM to 4 AM Monday. It’s free but donations are welcome.
- Take Prince George Transit, it’s free. For routes and times click here to download the Holiday Bus Schedule. Buses begin at 7 PM and go until 3 AM. Dress warm!
- Taxi Cab; This is the night where Taxi cabs are extremely busy and you could be waiting long periods. It is advised that you plan ahead with the taxi company of your choice either by using their smartphone app or by calling.
- Friends! If none of the above options work call a friend to get you home!
Temperatures around Prince George will be around minus 21 tonight with a windchill of minus 30, risk of frostbite. Dress warm!!
For those in the Peace Region, unfortunately the only options to get you home safe is a taxi or by friends helping you out! Fort St. John, you know how bad the taxi cabs are so prepare to wait it out, ask for a ride from a friend, or stay put. Whatever you do DO NOT WALK in the frigid temperatures. Frostbite will occur in minutes if you’re not dressed properly. The temperature tonight in the BC Peace will be minus 31 but with the wind it’ll feel like minus 42!
And as always local Police will be out conducting road safety checks throughout each community! We ask that people refrain from posting on social media where the check stops are located. Defeats the whole purpose of a road block. Let’s get everyone home safe!
Have a great New Year’s Eve!!
- Police investigating Home Invasion in Pouce Coupe… November 13, 2018
- Serious assault leaves one injured near Dawson Creek… November 13, 2018
- Suspects take off with ATM from local business… November 13, 2018