PRINCE GEORGE/BC PEACE: Tonight is the big night to celebrate the end of 2017 and ring in 2018 and many will be heading out to have some fun. Of course we’d like to give you some options to make sure you make it home safe…
If you’re in Prince George, there a few options to get you home safe tonight.
- Call Operation Red Nose at 250-962-7433 for a ride. Click the link above to view their FB Page for more information. Operation Red Nose runs from 9 PM to 4 AM Monday. It’s free but donations are welcome.
- Take Prince George Transit, it’s free. For routes and times click here to download the Holiday Bus Schedule. Buses begin at 7 PM and go until 3 AM. Dress warm!
- Taxi Cab; This is the night where Taxi cabs are extremely busy and you could be waiting long periods. It is advised that you plan ahead with the taxi company of your choice either by using their smartphone app or by calling.
- Friends! If none of the above options work call a friend to get you home!
Temperatures around Prince George will be around minus 21 tonight with a windchill of minus 30, risk of frostbite. Dress warm!!
For those in the Peace Region, unfortunately the only options to get you home safe is a taxi or by friends helping you out! Fort St. John, you know how bad the taxi cabs are so prepare to wait it out, ask for a ride from a friend, or stay put. Whatever you do DO NOT WALK in the frigid temperatures. Frostbite will occur in minutes if you’re not dressed properly. The temperature tonight in the BC Peace will be minus 31 but with the wind it’ll feel like minus 42!
And as always local Police will be out conducting road safety checks throughout each community! We ask that people refrain from posting on social media where the check stops are located. Defeats the whole purpose of a road block. Let’s get everyone home safe!
Have a great New Year’s Eve!!
- Dawson Creek ranks most affordable for average rent, national report says… March 26, 2019
- Wet snow and rain possible today… March 26, 2019
- Sudden death not considered suspicious… March 25, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 7.4°C March 26, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 8. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 8. March 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. March 26, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 1. March 26, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 1. March 26, 2019