PRINCE GEORGE, BC: A well-known suspect to the Prince George RCMP is once again facing charges following a vehicle crash last week in Prince George…
Police say on January 12, 2023, just after 2:00 PM, officers attempted a traffic stop with a red GMC Sierra near Hammond Avenue and Lyon Street. The driver failed to stop for police and fled at a high rate of speed. Police did not follow the vehicle.
Several minutes later, witnesses reported a two-vehicle crash near the 4100-block of 1st Avenue. When police arrived, they discovered the red GMC Sierra from moments before had collided with a cube truck.
The driver of the pickup truck fled the scene of the crash on foot, leaving behind two passengers. The truck was found to be uninsured and bearing a license plate from a different vehicle; a subsequent search of the truck located ammunition and a loaded firearm.
Despite several attempts to evade police, the driver was successfully located and arrested. Investigators identified him as 28-year-old Hayden Lee ALWOOD, whom police are familiar with.
At the time of his arrest, ALWOOD was wanted on an arrest warrant and was found breaching a release order. Police located a large quantity of suspected cocaine when they searched ALWOOD after his arrest.
The B.C. Prosecution Service approved the following six charges in this matter:
- Dangerous operation of a conveyance
- Flight while pursued by a police officer
- Fail to stop at the scene of an accident
- Obstructing a police officer x2
- Fail to comply with release order
- There were no injuries reported by those involved in the motor vehicle incident. Hayden Lee Alwood will remain in custody until his next court appearance.