BC Peace River Region: The Fort St. John Seed Cleaning Cooperative Association will use the funding to complete $1.2 million of improvements to its seed cleaning plant. This includes installing a state-of-the-art Cimbria SEA Optical Sorter, a colour sorter, gravity separator and super cleaner to assist with cleaning unwanted seeds and foreign objects from all grains, cereal crops, seeds and pulses.
In the Dawson Creek area, the South Peace Grain Cleaning Cooperative Association will use their funding to purchase and install an optical sorting machine. The sorter uses cameras, lighting, machine software and other technologies to remove foreign materials and unwanted coloured seeds that have subtle discolouration, size and/or shape defects. By improving the final seed quality, the producer can ensure consistent growth rates.
These two projects bring sophisticated technology and equipment to the Peace Region, providing farmers and growers with local options to improve the quality of their product without having to travel long distances to other facilities.
The PACF Agricultural Impact and Opportunities Initiative is a proposal-based funding program that supports large-scale agricultural projects that have regional impacts and directly benefit agriculture and agrifoods economic activity in the Peace Region.
Written and released by Northern Development
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 18, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 15.3°C September 26, 2022
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 23. September 26, 2022
- Monday night: Clearing. Low 10. September 26, 2022
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 25. September 26, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 8. September 26, 2022
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. September 26, 2022
- Wednesday night: Cloudy. Low 10. September 26, 2022
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 40% September 26, 2022
- Thursday night: Clear. Low 6. September 26, 2022