BC Peace River Region: The Fort St. John Seed Cleaning Cooperative Association will use the funding to complete $1.2 million of improvements to its seed cleaning plant. This includes installing a state-of-the-art Cimbria SEA Optical Sorter, a colour sorter, gravity separator and super cleaner to assist with cleaning unwanted seeds and foreign objects from all grains, cereal crops, seeds and pulses.
In the Dawson Creek area, the South Peace Grain Cleaning Cooperative Association will use their funding to purchase and install an optical sorting machine. The sorter uses cameras, lighting, machine software and other technologies to remove foreign materials and unwanted coloured seeds that have subtle discolouration, size and/or shape defects. By improving the final seed quality, the producer can ensure consistent growth rates.
These two projects bring sophisticated technology and equipment to the Peace Region, providing farmers and growers with local options to improve the quality of their product without having to travel long distances to other facilities.
The PACF Agricultural Impact and Opportunities Initiative is a proposal-based funding program that supports large-scale agricultural projects that have regional impacts and directly benefit agriculture and agrifoods economic activity in the Peace Region.
Written and released by Northern Development
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 17, 2023
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -13.8°C January 30, 2023
- Monday: Chance of flurries. High minus 10. POP 40% January 30, 2023
- Monday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 15. POP 40% January 30, 2023
- Tuesday: Snow. High minus 13. January 30, 2023
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday: Snow. High minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 24. January 30, 2023
- Thursday: Snow. High minus 14. January 30, 2023
- Thursday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 13. POP 60% January 30, 2023