SMITHERS, BC: Campfires will be permitted throughout the Northwest and Prince George Fire Centre beginning at 12 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesday July 28, 2021.
Although fire danger ratings have declined in the region due to recent rainfall and cooler temperatures, the public is strongly encouraged to exercise extreme caution with the use of any campfire. It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that burning is done in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with regulations. Before lighting any fire, check with local government authorities to see if any local burning restrictions are in place.
While campfires will be allowed, Category 2 and Category 3 open fires remain prohibited, which includes the use of fireworks and sky lanterns. These restrictions will remain in place until October 15th, 2021, or until the order is rescinded.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 18, 2022
- Current Conditions: Cloudy, 3.4°C January 29, 2022
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low zero. January 28, 2022
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High plus 4. POP 30% January 28, 2022
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 30% January 28, 2022
- Sunday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High plus 3. POP 40% January 28, 2022
- Sunday night: Flurries. Low minus 19. January 28, 2022
- Monday: Flurries. High minus 18. January 28, 2022
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 26. January 28, 2022
- Tuesday: Sunny. High minus 20. January 28, 2022