SMITHERS, BC: Campfires will be permitted throughout the Northwest and Prince George Fire Centre beginning at 12 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesday July 28, 2021.
Although fire danger ratings have declined in the region due to recent rainfall and cooler temperatures, the public is strongly encouraged to exercise extreme caution with the use of any campfire. It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that burning is done in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with regulations. Before lighting any fire, check with local government authorities to see if any local burning restrictions are in place.
While campfires will be allowed, Category 2 and Category 3 open fires remain prohibited, which includes the use of fireworks and sky lanterns. These restrictions will remain in place until October 15th, 2021, or until the order is rescinded.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 2, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -9.4°C December 8, 2022
- Thursday: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 6. POP 30% December 8, 2022
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 8. December 8, 2022
- Friday: Mainly sunny. High minus 3. December 8, 2022
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 16. December 8, 2022
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 14. December 8, 2022
- Saturday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 21. December 8, 2022
- Sunday: Periods of snow. High minus 16. December 8, 2022
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 20. December 8, 2022