FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A youth suspect has been identified as the one responsible for a threats call to a local middle school in Fort St. John Thursday (June 17) afternoon…
Police say at 1:15 PM, officers received a report of a threat to the safety of students and staff at the Bert Bowes Middle School located on 99th Ave.
Officers immediately attended the school to secure the area while students and staff were evacuated.
A specially trained RCMP police dog unit was tasked with clearing the school building while officers continued to investigate.
A thorough found a youth was responsible and determined that there was no threat to students and staff, which was confirmed by the RCMP police dog unit.
“Public safety is of utmost importance,” said Inspector Anthony Hanson, detachment commander of the Fort St. John RCMP. “In this case, our investigating officers were able to respond quickly and thoroughly to determine there was no threat and that everyone involved were safe and accounted for.”
The streets surrounding Bert Bowes Middle School were reopened to traffic at approximately 3:40 PM.
The investigation continues.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 11.2°C May 23, 2022
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 7. May 22, 2022
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. May 22, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 7. POP 40% May 22, 2022
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 19. POP 40% May 22, 2022
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. May 22, 2022
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High 12. May 22, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 3. May 22, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 16. May 22, 2022