FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A youth suspect has been identified as the one responsible for a threats call to a local middle school in Fort St. John Thursday (June 17) afternoon…
Police say at 1:15 PM, officers received a report of a threat to the safety of students and staff at the Bert Bowes Middle School located on 99th Ave.
Officers immediately attended the school to secure the area while students and staff were evacuated.
A specially trained RCMP police dog unit was tasked with clearing the school building while officers continued to investigate.
A thorough found a youth was responsible and determined that there was no threat to students and staff, which was confirmed by the RCMP police dog unit.
“Public safety is of utmost importance,” said Inspector Anthony Hanson, detachment commander of the Fort St. John RCMP. “In this case, our investigating officers were able to respond quickly and thoroughly to determine there was no threat and that everyone involved were safe and accounted for.”
The streets surrounding Bert Bowes Middle School were reopened to traffic at approximately 3:40 PM.
The investigation continues.
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH , Fort St. John August 5, 2021
- Current Conditions: 24.9°C August 5, 2021
- Thursday: A few showers or thunderstorms. High 28. August 5, 2021
- Thursday night: A few showers or thunderstorms. Low 14. August 5, 2021
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 30% August 5, 2021
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Saturday: Rain. High 16. August 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Rain. Low 10. August 5, 2021
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. August 5, 2021