FORT ST. JAMES, BC: Police in Fort St. James are making a public health announcement as members are concerned about the number of overdose cases in the community and surrounding areas…
Police and BC Emergency Health Services have responded to numerous overdoses, most notably attending 2 calls for service in one day at the same house, sadly resulting in one death.
It is important that if you, or someone you witness, may be overdosing to please call 9-1-1 immediately.
Fort St. James RCMP recommends drug-users follow these safety precautions:
- Do not use drugs alone
- Be careful as to how much you use
- Always ensure that you have a Narcan kit
- Be aware and watch out for one in another, if you are a user or family of a user
If you know anyone who may be selling illegal and harmful drugs in our community, please call police or Crime Stoppers.
- B.C. prepares to safely move to Step 2 of its restart plan… June 14, 2021
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021