DAWSON CREEK, BC: The Dawson Creek RCMP monitored a “Freedom Rally” protest held in the city on December 19…
Police had been in contact with the event organizer prior to the event hoping to work together in supporting peaceful and lawful assembly. Follow-up with the organizer after the event found that they were in compliance with current Provincial Health Orders relating to COVID-19, specifically:
- less than 50 persons were in attendance
- a COVID Safety Plan was in place
- hand sanitizer/disinfectant was made available to attendees
- physical distancing measures were in place
- a sign-up sheet was provided for attendees to assist in contract tracing if needed
Officers are happy to report no fines were issued as a result of this protest. It is hope that future events continue to align with current Provincial Health Orders intended to discourage the transmission of COVID-19.
The local RCMP support the right to peaceful and lawful assembly and thank the organizer for working with police to ensure the safety of attendees in lessening the likelihood of transmission of COVID-19.
- Two people injured following shooting in Dawson Creek… April 12, 2021
- Police incident on PG Pulpmill Road… April 10, 2021
- RCMP seek assistance in mischief investigation at coffee shop in Williams Lake… April 10, 2021