FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On December 16, 2020 at 3:00 AM, a Fort St. John officer was conducting patrols when he observed a dark coloured car traveling at a high rate of speed in the area of 98th Street and 110th Avenue…
The officer observed the driver make sudden turns without signaling and failing to stop at stop signs. The officer initiated a traffic stop but the driver fled. The driver was eventually caught backing the vehicle into a residence and arrested shortly after.
The officer noted the odour of liquor from the driver’s breath and entered into an impaired investigation during which it was determined the driver was prohibited from driving Canada wide.
The suspect remains in police custody and awaiting for court.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, 9.4°C September 22, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 13 with temperature falling to 10 this afternoon. POP 30% September 22, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 5. September 22, 2021
- Thursday: Mainly sunny. High 12. September 22, 2021
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. September 22, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low 9. September 22, 2021
- Saturday: Sunny. High 19. September 22, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021