FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A child who was abducted by a family member on Thursday December 10 in Fort St. John has been located and safely recovered…
Police say a report came in that a child had been abducted by their mother after she allegedly pointed a weapon at the child’s father.
Surrounding RCMP detachments were notified of the incident and the woman was located west of Chetwynd near Ranson Road as she was travelling south towards Prince George. Chetwynd RCMP were able to stop the vehicle and safely recover the child. One rifle and other weapons were also recovered.
“Due to the circumstances surrounding the abduction a BC Amber Alert was being prepared. Fortunately it was not required due to the the quick actions of officers who were able to locate and recover the child unharmed,” says Inspector Tony Hanson, Officer in Charge of the Fort St. John RCMP.
Two people have been arrested and remain in custody. They are scheduled to appear in court today.
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH , Fort St. John August 5, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 26.8°C August 5, 2021
- Thursday: A few showers or thunderstorms. High 28. August 5, 2021
- Thursday night: A few showers or thunderstorms. Low 14. August 5, 2021
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 30% August 5, 2021
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Saturday: Rain. High 16. August 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Rain. Low 10. August 5, 2021
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. August 5, 2021