FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A child who was abducted by a family member on Thursday December 10 in Fort St. John has been located and safely recovered…
Police say a report came in that a child had been abducted by their mother after she allegedly pointed a weapon at the child’s father.
Surrounding RCMP detachments were notified of the incident and the woman was located west of Chetwynd near Ranson Road as she was travelling south towards Prince George. Chetwynd RCMP were able to stop the vehicle and safely recover the child. One rifle and other weapons were also recovered.
“Due to the circumstances surrounding the abduction a BC Amber Alert was being prepared. Fortunately it was not required due to the the quick actions of officers who were able to locate and recover the child unharmed,” says Inspector Tony Hanson, Officer in Charge of the Fort St. John RCMP.
Two people have been arrested and remain in custody. They are scheduled to appear in court today.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 29, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 11.7°C October 2, 2022
- Sunday: Mainly sunny. High 18. October 2, 2022
- Sunday night: Clearing. Low plus 5. October 2, 2022
- Monday: Sunny. High 19. October 2, 2022
- Monday night: Clear. Low plus 5. October 2, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 15. October 2, 2022
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low 7. October 2, 2022
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High 13. October 2, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 4. October 2, 2022