FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A child who was abducted by a family member on Thursday December 10 in Fort St. John has been located and safely recovered…
Police say a report came in that a child had been abducted by their mother after she allegedly pointed a weapon at the child’s father.
Surrounding RCMP detachments were notified of the incident and the woman was located west of Chetwynd near Ranson Road as she was travelling south towards Prince George. Chetwynd RCMP were able to stop the vehicle and safely recover the child. One rifle and other weapons were also recovered.
“Due to the circumstances surrounding the abduction a BC Amber Alert was being prepared. Fortunately it was not required due to the the quick actions of officers who were able to locate and recover the child unharmed,” says Inspector Tony Hanson, Officer in Charge of the Fort St. John RCMP.
Two people have been arrested and remain in custody. They are scheduled to appear in court today.
- Have you seen William NADEAU?.. January 14, 2021
- Recall Warning – Harvest brand Polish Sausages may be unsafe due to undercooking… January 14, 2021
- New downtown pool begins to take shape… January 13, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 2, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, 0.3°C January 15, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High plus 5. January 15, 2021
- Friday night: Clear. Low zero. January 15, 2021
- Saturday: Increasing cloudiness. High plus 4. January 15, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 60% January 15, 2021
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 8. January 15, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 2. January 15, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High plus 5. January 15, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 4. January 15, 2021