FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person is facing charges after a traffic stop this past weekend in Fort St. John…
Police say during the late evening hours of November 28, 2020, members of the Fort St. John Drug Unit conducted a proactive traffic stop with a vehicle in the area of 100th Avenue and the Northern Lights Drive. The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle was subsequently arrested for weapons offences and resisting arrest.
The investigation lead to the seizure of approximately 2.3 kilograms of illegally packaged cannabis and cannabis by-products, which are not permitted for private sale or consumption by Canadian law.
The seizure of illicit cannabis is street valued at approximately $30,000. Additionally, $13,000 in Canadian currency was seized as well as weapons and contraband cigarettes. This is a disruption to the local illegal cannabis black market trade.
The RCMP would like to remind residents that while the consumption of recreational cannabis is allowed under the new Cannabis Act and Cannabis Control and Licensing Act, the possession of illicit cannabis and the possession of cannabis over the limits defined in the Cannabis Act remains illegal.
The driver was released on an Undertaking with a court date of February 8, 2021.
- Fatal crash claims one life west of Prince George… February 26, 2021
- Province provides update, next steps for Site C… February 26, 2021
- OPEN… Highway 16 CLOSED west of Prince George… February 26, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 11, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -15.5°C February 27, 2021
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 16. February 26, 2021
- Saturday: Chance of flurries. High minus 4. POP 40% February 26, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 4. POP 60% February 26, 2021
- Sunday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. February 26, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 1. February 26, 2021
- Monday: Periods of snow. High minus 3. February 26, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. February 26, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 2. February 26, 2021