FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person is facing charges after a traffic stop this past weekend in Fort St. John…
Police say during the late evening hours of November 28, 2020, members of the Fort St. John Drug Unit conducted a proactive traffic stop with a vehicle in the area of 100th Avenue and the Northern Lights Drive. The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle was subsequently arrested for weapons offences and resisting arrest.
The investigation lead to the seizure of approximately 2.3 kilograms of illegally packaged cannabis and cannabis by-products, which are not permitted for private sale or consumption by Canadian law.
The seizure of illicit cannabis is street valued at approximately $30,000. Additionally, $13,000 in Canadian currency was seized as well as weapons and contraband cigarettes. This is a disruption to the local illegal cannabis black market trade.
The RCMP would like to remind residents that while the consumption of recreational cannabis is allowed under the new Cannabis Act and Cannabis Control and Licensing Act, the possession of illicit cannabis and the possession of cannabis over the limits defined in the Cannabis Act remains illegal.
The driver was released on an Undertaking with a court date of February 8, 2021.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John July 22, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 17.6°C July 24, 2021
- Friday night: A few clouds. Low 11. July 23, 2021
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 23. July 23, 2021
- Saturday night: A few clouds. Low 10. July 23, 2021
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 21. July 23, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 10. July 23, 2021
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 22. July 23, 2021
- Monday night: Clear. Low 11. July 23, 2021
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 21. July 23, 2021