FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person is facing charges after a traffic stop this past weekend in Fort St. John…
Police say during the late evening hours of November 28, 2020, members of the Fort St. John Drug Unit conducted a proactive traffic stop with a vehicle in the area of 100th Avenue and the Northern Lights Drive. The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle was subsequently arrested for weapons offences and resisting arrest.
The investigation lead to the seizure of approximately 2.3 kilograms of illegally packaged cannabis and cannabis by-products, which are not permitted for private sale or consumption by Canadian law.
The seizure of illicit cannabis is street valued at approximately $30,000. Additionally, $13,000 in Canadian currency was seized as well as weapons and contraband cigarettes. This is a disruption to the local illegal cannabis black market trade.
The RCMP would like to remind residents that while the consumption of recreational cannabis is allowed under the new Cannabis Act and Cannabis Control and Licensing Act, the possession of illicit cannabis and the possession of cannabis over the limits defined in the Cannabis Act remains illegal.
The driver was released on an Undertaking with a court date of February 8, 2021.
- FOG ADVISORY , Fort St. John October 24, 2021
- Current Conditions: Fog, 1.6°C October 24, 2021
- Saturday night: Fog. Low minus 4. October 23, 2021
- Sunday: Fog. High 6. October 23, 2021
- Sunday night: Periods of rain. Low plus 2. October 23, 2021
- Monday: Rain. High 7. October 23, 2021
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 3. POP 40% October 23, 2021
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 10. October 23, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low zero. October 23, 2021
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. October 23, 2021