DAWSON CREEK, BC: Police are reminding residents to not walk alone when it is dark following a street robbery over the weekend…
Police say on November 7th at approximately 7:15 PM, the Dawson Creek RCMP responded to an incident in Kin Park.
The victim reported that she was walking alone when struck from behind in the head by two unknown males. Both suspects held the victim down as they rifled through pockets and took the victims purse. A sum of money was taken as well as a diamond ring belonging to her daughter. Minimal description of the suspects is available however it is believed that both involved are male youths, smaller in stature, and they may have been wearing black pants.
The Dawson Creek RCMP would like to take this opportunity to remind individuals to take some precautions to avoid becoming a victim of robbery:
- avoid walking alone if able, but if you must stay in well-lit heavily-populated areas
- do not carry valuables, but if you must keep them out-of-sight
- maintain situational awareness, be on the look out and keep your head on a swivel
- carry a cellphone and have an emergency contact selected with priority dialing
- carry an emergency audible alarm
- always let someone know where you are and the route you intend on taking
If you have any information which may aid this investigation you are encouraged to call the Dawson Creek RCMP Detachment at (250)784-3700.
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021
- Steven MCPHEE wanted on several offences… June 11, 2021