PRINCE GEORGE, BC: Charges have been approved after a suspect was caught in the act of breaking into a local business last month…
Just after midnight on Tuesday August 11, 2020, the Prince George RCMP’s Street Crew Unit interrupted a break & enter in progress at a business on the 2300 block of Ospika Boulevard in Prince George.
The male suspect fled on foot and was located hiding near-by. He refused police commands, but was taken into custody with the assistance of a Police Dog Service team a few minutes later.
The investigation led officers to believe that the suspect had been in possession of a semi-tractor that had been stolen from Grande Prairie, Alberta a few days prior. It was located near-by and recovered by police.
The BC Prosecution Service has charged 31 year-old Clinton Jay BARANIUK of Prince George with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Break & enter with intent
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of break-in instruments
- Resist arrest
Baraniuk was remanded in custody and will make his next court appearance in Prince George on Thursday September 17th, 2020. Baraniuk is known to police.
If you have any information about property related crimes in the Prince George area, please contact the Prince George RCMP at (250)561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1(800)222-8477
- Police continue to investigate the disappearance of man eight years ago… September 23, 2020
- Illicit drug death count remains high in B.C. during dual health emergencies… September 23, 2020
- Eight people arrested during Criminal Code Search Warrant in Prince George… September 23, 2020