FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Three people were arrested on Sunday following a traffic stop…
Police say just after 1 AM, a Fort St. John RCMP officer observed a vehicle with a burned out tail light leave a local residence and conducted a proactive traffic stop.
During the traffic stop the driver of the vehicle was arrested on an outstanding warrant for theft. Following the arrest of the driver, police searched the vehicle and located suspected methamphetamine.
Two passengers and the driver were arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
Based on information gained from the traffic stop investigation, frontline officers obtained a search warrant for the residence which the vehicle had departed from.
Upon execution of the search warrant at the residence which included a vehicle and a travel trailer, police located additional persons at the residence and seized an additional small amount of suspected drugs, cash and items consistent with packaging drugs for distribution.
“This is excellent proactive work by our frontline officers,” said Inspector Anthony Hanson.
Police are asking anyone who may have any additional information in this matter to contact the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100. Should you wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021
- Steven MCPHEE wanted on several offences… June 11, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 9.2°C June 12, 2021
- Friday night: A few clouds. Low 7. June 11, 2021
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 23. June 11, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 11. June 11, 2021
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 22. June 11, 2021
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 12. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 60% June 11, 2021