FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Three people were arrested on Sunday following a traffic stop…
Police say just after 1 AM, a Fort St. John RCMP officer observed a vehicle with a burned out tail light leave a local residence and conducted a proactive traffic stop.
During the traffic stop the driver of the vehicle was arrested on an outstanding warrant for theft. Following the arrest of the driver, police searched the vehicle and located suspected methamphetamine.
Two passengers and the driver were arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
Based on information gained from the traffic stop investigation, frontline officers obtained a search warrant for the residence which the vehicle had departed from.
Upon execution of the search warrant at the residence which included a vehicle and a travel trailer, police located additional persons at the residence and seized an additional small amount of suspected drugs, cash and items consistent with packaging drugs for distribution.
“This is excellent proactive work by our frontline officers,” said Inspector Anthony Hanson.
Police are asking anyone who may have any additional information in this matter to contact the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100. Should you wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
- Winter Storm Warning in effect ⚠️ October 25, 2020
- PG area could see up to 15 cm of snow by Monday morning… October 24, 2020
- Charges approved in Drug Trafficking investigation… October 23, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 20, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -1.4°C October 25, 2020
- Sunday: Mainly cloudy. High zero. October 25, 2020
- Sunday night: A few flurries. Low minus 4. October 25, 2020
- Monday: Periods of snow or rain. High plus 4. October 25, 2020
- Monday night: Periods of rain. Low plus 4. October 25, 2020
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 8. October 25, 2020
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. October 25, 2020
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 5. October 25, 2020
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low zero. October 25, 2020