FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police have arrested a man following a mental health report late Tuesday afternoon…
Police say at 3:52 PM, officers received a report of a person with a firearm in the southeast part of town.
Officers, along with Indigenous Policing Services and the Peace Liard Police Dog Service units attended and upon arrival it was determined the person was in a mental health crisis.
The situation was deescalated peacefully and ended with the individual being arrested and transported to the hospital for medical attention.
Police say the investigation continues.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, 9.1°C September 22, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 13 with temperature falling to 10 this afternoon. POP 30% September 22, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 5. September 22, 2021
- Thursday: Mainly sunny. High 12. September 22, 2021
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. September 22, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low 9. September 22, 2021
- Saturday: Sunny. High 19. September 22, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021