FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP wish to remind the public that schools are considered back in session and that the RCMP will be enforcing school zone speed zones.
To save yourself some time, money and frustration, the RCMP wants to remind you that:
- BC school zones are posted at 30km’s per hour.
- The penalty for speeding in a school zone is higher than regular speeding fines.
- Speeding exceeded by less than 21Km/h starts at $196.00 and three demerit points.
- The penalty for speeding between 21 and 40 km/h over the speed limit jumps to $253.00 and three demerit points. That means if you were travelling at 52 km/h you are eligible for the higher priced fine.
- Excessive speeding by exceeding the speed limit by 41 to 60km/h the fine jumps to $368, three demerit points and a weeklong impoundment with the tow and impound at owners expense.
Be prepared to see RCMP frontline officers patrolling and radar enforcing the speed zones around town. And remember; slowing down in school zones can save you time, money and frustration and it just takes a few seconds.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, 9.4°C September 22, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 13 with temperature falling to 10 this afternoon. POP 30% September 22, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 5. September 22, 2021
- Thursday: Mainly sunny. High 12. September 22, 2021
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. September 22, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low 9. September 22, 2021
- Saturday: Sunny. High 19. September 22, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021