FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP wish to remind the public that schools are considered back in session and that the RCMP will be enforcing school zone speed zones.
To save yourself some time, money and frustration, the RCMP wants to remind you that:
- BC school zones are posted at 30km’s per hour.
- The penalty for speeding in a school zone is higher than regular speeding fines.
- Speeding exceeded by less than 21Km/h starts at $196.00 and three demerit points.
- The penalty for speeding between 21 and 40 km/h over the speed limit jumps to $253.00 and three demerit points. That means if you were travelling at 52 km/h you are eligible for the higher priced fine.
- Excessive speeding by exceeding the speed limit by 41 to 60km/h the fine jumps to $368, three demerit points and a weeklong impoundment with the tow and impound at owners expense.
Be prepared to see RCMP frontline officers patrolling and radar enforcing the speed zones around town. And remember; slowing down in school zones can save you time, money and frustration and it just takes a few seconds.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 18, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 2.6°C January 29, 2022
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low zero. January 28, 2022
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High plus 4. POP 30% January 28, 2022
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 30% January 28, 2022
- Sunday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High plus 3. POP 40% January 28, 2022
- Sunday night: Flurries. Low minus 19. January 28, 2022
- Monday: Flurries. High minus 18. January 28, 2022
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 26. January 28, 2022
- Tuesday: Sunny. High minus 20. January 28, 2022