FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP wish to remind the public that schools are considered back in session and that the RCMP will be enforcing school zone speed zones.
To save yourself some time, money and frustration, the RCMP wants to remind you that:
- BC school zones are posted at 30km’s per hour.
- The penalty for speeding in a school zone is higher than regular speeding fines.
- Speeding exceeded by less than 21Km/h starts at $196.00 and three demerit points.
- The penalty for speeding between 21 and 40 km/h over the speed limit jumps to $253.00 and three demerit points. That means if you were travelling at 52 km/h you are eligible for the higher priced fine.
- Excessive speeding by exceeding the speed limit by 41 to 60km/h the fine jumps to $368, three demerit points and a weeklong impoundment with the tow and impound at owners expense.
Be prepared to see RCMP frontline officers patrolling and radar enforcing the speed zones around town. And remember; slowing down in school zones can save you time, money and frustration and it just takes a few seconds.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John July 4, 2020
- Current Conditions: 10.5°C July 7, 2020
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 60% July 7, 2020
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 60% July 7, 2020
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 40% July 7, 2020
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% July 7, 2020
- Thursday: Cloudy. High 18. July 7, 2020
- Thursday night: Cloudy. Low 11. July 7, 2020
- Friday: Sunny. High 21. July 7, 2020
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low 11. July 7, 2020