FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP wish to remind the public that schools are considered back in session and that the RCMP will be enforcing school zone speed zones.
To save yourself some time, money and frustration, the RCMP wants to remind you that:
- BC school zones are posted at 30km’s per hour.
- The penalty for speeding in a school zone is higher than regular speeding fines.
- Speeding exceeded by less than 21Km/h starts at $196.00 and three demerit points.
- The penalty for speeding between 21 and 40 km/h over the speed limit jumps to $253.00 and three demerit points. That means if you were travelling at 52 km/h you are eligible for the higher priced fine.
- Excessive speeding by exceeding the speed limit by 41 to 60km/h the fine jumps to $368, three demerit points and a weeklong impoundment with the tow and impound at owners expense.
Be prepared to see RCMP frontline officers patrolling and radar enforcing the speed zones around town. And remember; slowing down in school zones can save you time, money and frustration and it just takes a few seconds.
- Camera traps show impact of recreational activity on wildlife… September 24, 2020
- Wanted suspect arrested in Northwestern BC… September 24, 2020
- Pedestrian crossing upgrade underway on Ospika Boulevard at 1st Avenue September 24, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 20, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, 5.5°C September 25, 2020
- Friday: Showers. High 11. September 25, 2020
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 5. POP 40% September 25, 2020
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 12. September 25, 2020
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 5. September 25, 2020
- Sunday: Cloudy. High 12. September 25, 2020
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low 10. POP 60% September 25, 2020
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 16. September 25, 2020
- Monday night: Clear. Low 6. September 25, 2020