FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP wish to remind the public that schools are considered back in session and that the RCMP will be enforcing school zone speed zones.
To save yourself some time, money and frustration, the RCMP wants to remind you that:
- BC school zones are posted at 30km’s per hour.
- The penalty for speeding in a school zone is higher than regular speeding fines.
- Speeding exceeded by less than 21Km/h starts at $196.00 and three demerit points.
- The penalty for speeding between 21 and 40 km/h over the speed limit jumps to $253.00 and three demerit points. That means if you were travelling at 52 km/h you are eligible for the higher priced fine.
- Excessive speeding by exceeding the speed limit by 41 to 60km/h the fine jumps to $368, three demerit points and a weeklong impoundment with the tow and impound at owners expense.
Be prepared to see RCMP frontline officers patrolling and radar enforcing the speed zones around town. And remember; slowing down in school zones can save you time, money and frustration and it just takes a few seconds.
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021
- Steven MCPHEE wanted on several offences… June 11, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 9.2°C June 12, 2021
- Friday night: A few clouds. Low 7. June 11, 2021
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 23. June 11, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 11. June 11, 2021
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 22. June 11, 2021
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 12. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 60% June 11, 2021