FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On May 15, 2020 at about 8:20 PM, the Fort St. John RCMP received a report of an approximately 60 year-old man handing out candy to children in the area of 8420 Alaska Rd. North…
The man was reported to be driving a blue Dodge Grand Caravan with black steel rims and tape on the front headlights. There was no reported attempt to lure any child.
If anyone has reports of similar interactions with a similar vehicle, please contact the RCMP.
With spring upon us and the freedom of summer schedules just around the corner it is a good time to revisit some safety precautions with children. Remind your children:
- to always get your permission before they talk to someone they don’t know,
- to keep physically distant from people they don’t know (good physical distancing practice now during Covid-19 anyway),
- to always get your permission before they go anywhere with anyone for any reason,
- to always get your permission before they accept any gifts or treats from someone they don’t know,
- not to tell a stranger their name, address or phone number unless it is a uniformed police officer, fire fighter or paramedic, who is there to help them.
The Fort St John RCMP continue to investigate and are asking anyone who may have information about this incident or can assist in identifying the owner of this vehicle to contact the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100.
Written and released by Fort St John RCMP.