UPDATE: Frontline officers attended and located a youth who had been thrown from their dirtbike after being struck by a pickup hauling a trailer. The youth was crossing 116th Street (West Bypass) when they were struck by the truck.
The youth sustained minor injuries but was transported to hospital for medical follow up.
The West Bypass has been reopened to traffic
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Motorists be advised that the West Bypass road in Fort St. John is currently CLOSED due to a vehicle incident involving a pedestrian…
Police say at 11:30 AM, officers received a report of a collision between a vehicle and a pedestrian in the area of 116th Street and the train tracks on the West Bypass in Fort St. John.
The RCMP and a Collision Reconstruction unit are currently at the scene.
The RCMP will advise when the road is reopened to traffic.
- New UBC professorship to advance addiction medicine in B.C. January 18, 2021
- Police and fire crews continue to investigate house fire on Norwood St… January 18, 2021
- Ended… Drive carefully on local roads and highways tonight… January 16, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 2, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, -1.6°C January 18, 2021
- Monday: Clearing. Temperature steady near plus 1. January 18, 2021
- Monday night: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Temperature rising to plus 4 by morning. POP 30% January 18, 2021
- Tuesday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High 6. POP 40% January 18, 2021
- Tuesday night: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Low minus 2. POP 40% January 18, 2021
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 2. January 18, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 6. January 18, 2021
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 5. January 18, 2021
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 10. January 18, 2021