PRINCE GEORGE, BC: A Prince George man is in custody following a violent incident Sunday evening that resulted in a fire…
Police say just before 8:00 PM on Sunday April 19, 2020, the Prince George RCMP received a report of a disturbance at a residence on the 7800 block of Kelly Road South in Prince George. Initial indication was that an adult male forced his way into a residence and was causing damage.
While enroute to the scene, frontline officers were advised that the suspect forcibly entered a neighbouring residence, was assaulting another male and had lit a shed on fire.
Officers arrived on scene and arrested the man without further incident. Prince George Fire / Rescue attended and extinguished the fire.
The BC Prosecution Service has charged Daniel James WINGFIELD, 31, with the following Criminal Code Offences:
- Uttering threats to cause bodily harm x2
- Uttering threats to cause property damage
- Arson to property
- Break and Enter to commit an offence
WINGFIELD has been remanded in custody and will appear in court later Monday afternoon.
All persons involved in this incident were known to each other. The investigation is continuing.
- One person deceased following vehicle vs. train… September 17, 2020
- New plan maps next steps forward in B.C.’s economic recovery… September 17, 2020
- Early morning shooting on Upland Street… September 17, 2020