Police say later that same morning the stolen F-350 was located fully submerged in Charlie Lake after being driven nose first into the lake at the Beatton Provincial Park boat launch.
The Fort St. John RCMP has confirmed there were no occupants in the truck at the time it was located. A witness observed the truck being driven into the Park around 10:30 PM on September 4, 2018. The owner of the truck has been notified.
There has been a recent rash of thefts of Ford F-350’s over the summer but thieves are also looking for easy targets that are left unlocked or have visible valuables which are an inviting temptation.
The Fort St. John RCMP is asking anyone with information about the suspect(s) or this incident or any other vehicle thefts to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100 or attend the detachment. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit a tip online at http://www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
Written and released by Fort St. John RCMP with edits by PJXM News.
- Update 2: Roads deteriorate as Freezing Rain sets in… November 17, 2018
- Freezing Rain possible for BC Peace… November 17, 2018
- Ten people arrested following Search Warrant on Nation Cres… November 16, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 18, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 4.9°C November 19, 2018
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 5. November 19, 2018
- Monday night: A few clouds. Low minus 1. November 19, 2018
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. November 19, 2018
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. November 19, 2018
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 4. November 19, 2018
- Wednesday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 4. POP 40% November 19, 2018
- Thursday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% November 19, 2018
- Thursday night: Snow. Low minus 9. November 19, 2018