Police say later that same morning the stolen F-350 was located fully submerged in Charlie Lake after being driven nose first into the lake at the Beatton Provincial Park boat launch.
The Fort St. John RCMP has confirmed there were no occupants in the truck at the time it was located. A witness observed the truck being driven into the Park around 10:30 PM on September 4, 2018. The owner of the truck has been notified.
There has been a recent rash of thefts of Ford F-350’s over the summer but thieves are also looking for easy targets that are left unlocked or have visible valuables which are an inviting temptation.
The Fort St. John RCMP is asking anyone with information about the suspect(s) or this incident or any other vehicle thefts to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100 or attend the detachment. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit a tip online at http://www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
Written and released by Fort St. John RCMP with edits by PJXM News.
- Windy conditions could increase fire risk in BC Peace… April 18, 2019
- Unsafe vehicles targeted by Police… April 18, 2019
- Faster, better access to team-based primary care coming to Prince George… April 17, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 31, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.0°C April 22, 2019
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low plus 2. April 21, 2019
- Monday: Rain. High 14. April 21, 2019
- Monday night: Clearing. Low plus 1. April 21, 2019
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 11. April 21, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. April 21, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 6. April 21, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. April 21, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 7. April 21, 2019