Police say later that same morning the stolen F-350 was located fully submerged in Charlie Lake after being driven nose first into the lake at the Beatton Provincial Park boat launch.
The Fort St. John RCMP has confirmed there were no occupants in the truck at the time it was located. A witness observed the truck being driven into the Park around 10:30 PM on September 4, 2018. The owner of the truck has been notified.
There has been a recent rash of thefts of Ford F-350’s over the summer but thieves are also looking for easy targets that are left unlocked or have visible valuables which are an inviting temptation.
The Fort St. John RCMP is asking anyone with information about the suspect(s) or this incident or any other vehicle thefts to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100 or attend the detachment. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit a tip online at http://www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
Written and released by Fort St. John RCMP with edits by PJXM News.
- Police asking for help to locate two missing people… January 16, 2019
- Police investigating incident involving Shots Fired and Forcible Entry.. January 16, 2019
- Homicide investigation underway in Prince George… January 16, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.2°C January 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Periods of snow. Temperature falling to minus 20 this afternoon. January 16, 2019
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Thursday: Periods of light snow. High minus 19. POP 40% January 16, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Friday: Chance of flurries. High minus 18. POP 60% January 16, 2019
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low minus 18. January 16, 2019
- Saturday: Snow. High minus 15. January 16, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 14. January 16, 2019