FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A suspect is in custody following a carjacking incident Friday night…
Police say the incident began at McDonald’s on Alaska Road North at approximately 9:45 PM. A group of of co-workers had stopped at McDonald’s and parked their work truck in the parking lot. One person stayed behind while the others went inside.
A few moments later an unknown man entered the vehicle and was attempting to take the truck. The lone occupant tried to prevent the vehicle from being taken and was unsuccessful but managed to exit the truck after being assaulted. The passenger was uninjured.
The truck was then driven away by the suspect. Police made an arrest and the truck was located at some point Saturday.
The investigation continues.
- Fentanyl and Cocaine seized during latest drug bust on the Hart… February 15, 2019
- Officers stop to help local mom stranded with two kids… February 15, 2019
- UPDATED.. Police continue to investigate kidnapping incident in Kamloops… February 15, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.2°C February 17, 2019
- Saturday night: A few flurries. Low minus 24. February 16, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 17. February 16, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 21. February 16, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 12. February 16, 2019
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 15. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday: Cloudy. High minus 6. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday night: Cloudy. Low minus 11. February 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High minus 10. February 16, 2019