Recheck Halloween treats in Fort St. John…
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police in Fort St. John are asking parents to recheck their trick or treating bags after a suspicious candy was found…
Police say on November 1, 2022, a parent attended the Fort St. John detachment and provided a full size Aero chocolate bar with a white circular pill stuffed inside the chocolate bar. The parent stated that the packaging of the Aero bar felt weird. Upon opening the chocolate bar, a portion of the chocolate bar appeared to be flakey. The parent brushed off the flakey portion of the chocolate bar and a white pill was found underneath.
RCMP are investigating after a chocolate bar was tampered with and handed out on Halloween night in Fort St. John. – RCMP photo.
The parent stated they had been trick-or-treating in the area of Kin Park in Fort St. John. The RCMP wish to advise all parents to check/recheck their children’s Halloween treats prior to their child consuming the candy.
“Examine all treats, checking to ensure there are no suspicious packaging with holes or any unwrapped items,” said Constable Chad Neustaeter, Fort St. John RCMP media relations officer. “If you find something suspicious, use personal protective equipment such as gloves, before handling further.”
In the event that you locate a suspicious or tainted treat, you can bring the suspicious item to the RCMP detachment.
Fort St. John Weather
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John March 23, 2023
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 2.7°C March 23, 2023
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4. March 23, 2023
- Thursday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 9. March 23, 2023
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 1. March 23, 2023
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. March 23, 2023
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4. March 23, 2023
- Saturday night: Cloudy. Low minus 6. March 23, 2023
- Sunday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% March 23, 2023
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 11. March 23, 2023