FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police in Fort St. John are asking parents to recheck their trick or treating bags after a suspicious candy was found…
Police say on November 1, 2022, a parent attended the Fort St. John detachment and provided a full size Aero chocolate bar with a white circular pill stuffed inside the chocolate bar. The parent stated that the packaging of the Aero bar felt weird. Upon opening the chocolate bar, a portion of the chocolate bar appeared to be flakey. The parent brushed off the flakey portion of the chocolate bar and a white pill was found underneath.
RCMP are investigating after a chocolate bar was tampered with and handed out on Halloween night in Fort St. John. – RCMP photo.
The parent stated they had been trick-or-treating in the area of Kin Park in Fort St. John. The RCMP wish to advise all parents to check/recheck their children’s Halloween treats prior to their child consuming the candy.
“Examine all treats, checking to ensure there are no suspicious packaging with holes or any unwrapped items,” said Constable Chad Neustaeter, Fort St. John RCMP media relations officer. “If you find something suspicious, use personal protective equipment such as gloves, before handling further.”
In the event that you locate a suspicious or tainted treat, you can bring the suspicious item to the RCMP detachment.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John October 28, 2022
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -10.4°C November 27, 2022
- Sunday: Snow. Temperature steady near minus 10. November 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 18. November 27, 2022
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. Temperature steady near minus 18. November 27, 2022
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 22. November 27, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 20. November 27, 2022
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 25. November 27, 2022
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 23. November 27, 2022
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 29. November 27, 2022