FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A traffic stop in Fort St. John last week has resulted in the occupants of a vehicle facing wildlife fines…
Police say during the overnight on June 30th, officers pulled over a vehicle and noticed a 1 month old fawn in the back seat.
The occupants were arrested for Possession of live Wildlife and drugs were also seized.
Police say the fawn enjoyed time with officers and is headed to the Rimrock Wildlife Rehab Centre to be reintegrated for the wild.
A Fort St. John officer being sniffed out by a “new recruit”. – FSJ RCMP photo.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing by both the RCMP and the BC Conservation Office.
A fawn spent the overnight at the Fort St. John RCMP Detachment before being picked by Rimrock Wildlife Rehab. – FSJ RCMP photo.
Released by Fort St. John RCMP
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 2, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 21.3°C August 12, 2022
- Thursday night: A few clouds. Low 13. August 11, 2022
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 27. POP 30% August 11, 2022
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 14. POP 30% August 11, 2022
- Saturday: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. High 27. POP 70% August 11, 2022
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low 14. POP 40% August 11, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 23. August 11, 2022
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 15. August 11, 2022
- Monday: Sunny. High 24. August 11, 2022