FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A traffic stop in Fort St. John last week has resulted in the occupants of a vehicle facing wildlife fines…
Police say during the overnight on June 30th, officers pulled over a vehicle and noticed a 1 month old fawn in the back seat.
The occupants were arrested for Possession of live Wildlife and drugs were also seized.
Police say the fawn enjoyed time with officers and is headed to the Rimrock Wildlife Rehab Centre to be reintegrated for the wild.
A Fort St. John officer being sniffed out by a “new recruit”. – FSJ RCMP photo.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing by both the RCMP and the BC Conservation Office.
A fawn spent the overnight at the Fort St. John RCMP Detachment before being picked by Rimrock Wildlife Rehab. – FSJ RCMP photo.
Released by Fort St. John RCMP
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 2, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, -29.5°C December 6, 2022
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 24. POP 60% December 6, 2022
- Tuesday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature rising to minus 9 by morning. POP 60% December 6, 2022
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 2. December 6, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 13. December 6, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 4. December 6, 2022
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 8. December 6, 2022
- Friday: Sunny. High minus 5. December 6, 2022
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 16. December 6, 2022