People are invited to learn more about the Taylor Bridge crossing and provide input into the future of the bridge at virtual open houses on Oct. 13 and Oct. 21, 2021.
Anyone interested can visit the website to learn more about the project, register to participate in one of the open houses and access an online survey about the bridge. People are invited to complete the survey between Oct. 5 and Nov. 15. The website is available at: https://engage.gov.bc.ca/taylorbridge
The Taylor Bridge is an important part of the Peace Region’s road network, with more than 7,500 vehicles travelling on Highway 97 between Dawson Creek and Fort St. John each day. Commercial vehicles make up 30% of this traffic.
A bridge user group representing industry and local government has been created by the B.C. government to provide local, technical and industry experience to the discussion for future options. Consultation with local Indigenous communities continues.
In addition to public engagement, work is underway on extensive field investigations by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s project team. This work will contribute to the development of future options for the bridge.
Learn more about the Taylor Bridge crossing: www.gov.bc.ca/taylorbridgecrossing
Written and released by BC Government
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John July 1, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 19.1°C July 3, 2022
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 9. July 2, 2022
- Sunday: Mainly sunny. High 22. July 2, 2022
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low 12. July 2, 2022
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 60% July 2, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 60% July 2, 2022
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 60% July 2, 2022
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 30% July 2, 2022
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 22. July 2, 2022