Feedback invited on future of Taylor Bridge…
People are invited to learn more about the Taylor Bridge crossing and provide input into the future of the bridge at virtual open houses on Oct. 13 and Oct. 21, 2021.
Anyone interested can visit the website to learn more about the project, register to participate in one of the open houses and access an online survey about the bridge. People are invited to complete the survey between Oct. 5 and Nov. 15. The website is available at: https://engage.gov.bc.ca/taylorbridge
The Taylor Bridge is an important part of the Peace Region’s road network, with more than 7,500 vehicles travelling on Highway 97 between Dawson Creek and Fort St. John each day. Commercial vehicles make up 30% of this traffic.
A bridge user group representing industry and local government has been created by the B.C. government to provide local, technical and industry experience to the discussion for future options. Consultation with local Indigenous communities continues.
In addition to public engagement, work is underway on extensive field investigations by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s project team. This work will contribute to the development of future options for the bridge.
Learn more about the Taylor Bridge crossing: www.gov.bc.ca/taylorbridgecrossing
Written and released by BC Government
Fort St. John Weather
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John March 23, 2023
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 2.7°C March 23, 2023
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4. March 23, 2023
- Thursday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 9. March 23, 2023
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 1. March 23, 2023
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. March 23, 2023
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4. March 23, 2023
- Saturday night: Cloudy. Low minus 6. March 23, 2023
- Sunday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% March 23, 2023
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 11. March 23, 2023