PRINCE GEORGE, BC: A woman has been arrested following a series of incidents near the McDonald’s restaurant on 20th and Victoria last week…
Shortly before 4:40 PM on Wednesday, June 2, 2021, officers received multiple calls about a female in the area of 20th Avenue and Victoria Street who was waving a handgun in the air and pointing it at passing vehicles.
Several victims also stated the female physically assaulted them while they were in their cars.
Officers immediately attended the area and began searching for the suspect. In less than 10 minutes, at 4:48 PM, police located the suspect at Redwood Avenue near Victoria Street and arrested her.
Police transported the female, identified as 28-year-old Maureen Isaac-Johnson, to the Prince George RCMP Detachment and held her for court. The B.C. Prosecution Service has approved the following charges against Ms. Isaac-Johnson:
- Possession of a weapon or an imitation weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Use of an imitation firearm while committing a robbery
- Carry, use or threaten to use a weapon or imitation weapon
- Pointing a firearm without lawful excuse
- Assaulting a Peace Officer
Police are familiar with Ms. Isaac-Johnson. This investigation is ongoing.
Please note that PJXM News has not received any information on what occurred between a female victim and the suspect at the McDonald’s Drive-Thru on Victoria Street.
If you have any information about this or any other criminal offence, please contact the Prince George RCMP at (250)561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1(800)222-8477 or online at www.northernbccrimestoppers.ca
- B.C. prepares to safely move to Step 2 of its restart plan… June 14, 2021
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021