PRINCE GEORGE, BC: Police are requesting the public’s assistance in identifying a person of interest in an arson.
On May 09, 2021 at 6:50 p.m., the Prince George RCMP received a report of a structure fire on the 1000 block of 20th Avenue. Prince George Fire Rescue Services were already at the location when police arrived.
The property owner states the building was unoccupied at the time of the fire. Surveillance video shows a female entering the residence and exiting shortly after arriving. A few minutes later, the fire begins. The investigation has led police to believe the fire was intentionally set.
Police describe the female as:
- Approximately 5’2” – 5’5”
- 60-65 years in age
- Walks with a cane
- Short brown hair
- Has a small black and white dog
“At this time, investigators are asking the public’s help in identifying the person seen leaving the residence. If anyone has any information that could help further this investigation, they are encouraged to speak with police by calling 250-561-3300,” states Cst. Jennifer Cooper of the Prince George RCMP.
- B.C. prepares to safely move to Step 2 of its restart plan… June 14, 2021
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021