FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Inert powder is to blame for the closure of the Fort St. John Post Office in Thursday…
Police say on October 15, 2020, at 8:13 AM, officers were requested by the Fire Department to attend the Canada Post office located at 10139 101st Ave, to assist with a package that was deemed suspicious.
The Canada Post staff were evacuated as a safety precaution after the package, leaking an unknown substance, was located by employees during their daily duties. The Fort St. John Fire Department removed the package from the building and secured it on site for the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit to evaluate.
The Fort St. John RCMP remained on scene until the building was cleared and the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit determined that the leaking substance was an inert powder that posed no risk to Canada Post employees or the public’s safety.
The RCMP released the scene at approximately 5:30 PM the same day.
Nobody was injured.
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021
- Steven MCPHEE wanted on several offences… June 11, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 9.2°C June 12, 2021
- Friday night: A few clouds. Low 7. June 11, 2021
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 23. June 11, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 11. June 11, 2021
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 22. June 11, 2021
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 12. POP 30% June 11, 2021
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 60% June 11, 2021