FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Inert powder is to blame for the closure of the Fort St. John Post Office in Thursday…
Police say on October 15, 2020, at 8:13 AM, officers were requested by the Fire Department to attend the Canada Post office located at 10139 101st Ave, to assist with a package that was deemed suspicious.
The Canada Post staff were evacuated as a safety precaution after the package, leaking an unknown substance, was located by employees during their daily duties. The Fort St. John Fire Department removed the package from the building and secured it on site for the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit to evaluate.
The Fort St. John RCMP remained on scene until the building was cleared and the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit determined that the leaking substance was an inert powder that posed no risk to Canada Post employees or the public’s safety.
The RCMP released the scene at approximately 5:30 PM the same day.
Nobody was injured.
- Police seek Wanted Man… November 27, 2020
- Heavy snow expected for McGregor and PG region… November 26, 2020
- Male arrested following incident at Dawson Creek Walmart… November 26, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 18, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, -7.2°C November 28, 2020
- Saturday: Chance of flurries. High minus 2. POP 30% November 28, 2020
- Saturday night: Partly cloudy. Temperature steady near minus 1. November 28, 2020
- Sunday: Mainly sunny. High plus 2. November 28, 2020
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 4. November 28, 2020
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 3. November 28, 2020
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 5. November 28, 2020
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 3. November 28, 2020
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 2. November 28, 2020