FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Inert powder is to blame for the closure of the Fort St. John Post Office in Thursday…
Police say on October 15, 2020, at 8:13 AM, officers were requested by the Fire Department to attend the Canada Post office located at 10139 101st Ave, to assist with a package that was deemed suspicious.
The Canada Post staff were evacuated as a safety precaution after the package, leaking an unknown substance, was located by employees during their daily duties. The Fort St. John Fire Department removed the package from the building and secured it on site for the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit to evaluate.
The Fort St. John RCMP remained on scene until the building was cleared and the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit determined that the leaking substance was an inert powder that posed no risk to Canada Post employees or the public’s safety.
The RCMP released the scene at approximately 5:30 PM the same day.
Nobody was injured.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, 9.4°C September 22, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 13 with temperature falling to 10 this afternoon. POP 30% September 22, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 5. September 22, 2021
- Thursday: Mainly sunny. High 12. September 22, 2021
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. September 22, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low 9. September 22, 2021
- Saturday: Sunny. High 19. September 22, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 22, 2021