FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Inert powder is to blame for the closure of the Fort St. John Post Office in Thursday…
Police say on October 15, 2020, at 8:13 AM, officers were requested by the Fire Department to attend the Canada Post office located at 10139 101st Ave, to assist with a package that was deemed suspicious.
The Canada Post staff were evacuated as a safety precaution after the package, leaking an unknown substance, was located by employees during their daily duties. The Fort St. John Fire Department removed the package from the building and secured it on site for the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit to evaluate.
The Fort St. John RCMP remained on scene until the building was cleared and the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit determined that the leaking substance was an inert powder that posed no risk to Canada Post employees or the public’s safety.
The RCMP released the scene at approximately 5:30 PM the same day.
Nobody was injured.
- Can you help police ID two suspects?.. February 26, 2021
- ⚠️ More snow forecast for Prince George and Pine Pass regions… February 26, 2021
- Fatal crash claims one life west of Prince George… February 26, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 11, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, -16.1°C February 27, 2021
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 16. February 26, 2021
- Saturday: Chance of flurries. High minus 4. POP 40% February 26, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 4. POP 60% February 26, 2021
- Sunday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. February 26, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 1. February 26, 2021
- Monday: Periods of snow. High minus 3. February 26, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. February 26, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 2. February 26, 2021