FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Inert powder is to blame for the closure of the Fort St. John Post Office in Thursday…
Police say on October 15, 2020, at 8:13 AM, officers were requested by the Fire Department to attend the Canada Post office located at 10139 101st Ave, to assist with a package that was deemed suspicious.
The Canada Post staff were evacuated as a safety precaution after the package, leaking an unknown substance, was located by employees during their daily duties. The Fort St. John Fire Department removed the package from the building and secured it on site for the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit to evaluate.
The Fort St. John RCMP remained on scene until the building was cleared and the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit determined that the leaking substance was an inert powder that posed no risk to Canada Post employees or the public’s safety.
The RCMP released the scene at approximately 5:30 PM the same day.
Nobody was injured.
- Fentanyl, cocaine and meth seized during Search Warrant… October 20, 2020
- Various city parks to close early… October 20, 2020
- BC records another 127 deaths from illicit drugs… October 20, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 20, 2020
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -10.5°C October 21, 2020
- Wednesday: Flurries. High minus 8. October 21, 2020
- Wednesday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 12. October 21, 2020
- Thursday: Mainly cloudy. High minus 10. October 21, 2020
- Thursday night: Cloudy. Low minus 12. October 21, 2020
- Friday: Cloudy. High minus 9. October 21, 2020
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 14. October 21, 2020
- Saturday: Sunny. High minus 6. October 21, 2020
- Saturday night: Clear. Low minus 9. October 21, 2020