SMITHERS, BC: A male suspect wanted on several warrants out of Prince George and Fort St. John has been arrested following a series of events in the Smithers and Houston areas last week…
Police say on Monday, September 14 2020, Smithers RCMP attempted to conduct a traffic stop involving a pickup truck near Alfred Ave and Rupert Street in Smithers.
The truck, a brown Chev with Montana license plate, failed to stop for police and fled down Railway Avenue at a high rate of speed, narrowly missing a police vehicle.
This was the third time this truck had fled from police in the previous three days. At no time did the RCMP continue the pursuit in the interest of public safety. A suspect was identified and police were actively looking for the man.
On Thursday, September 17, 2020, Smithers RCMP located and arrested the man in relation to the pursuit. At the time the suspect was found to be in possession of a different truck that had been reported stolen from Houston, BC.
The suspect, also wanted on numerous warrants out of Prince George and Fort St. John, was found in possession of suspected stolen property belonging to different owners as well as property reported stolen from a break and enter at Camp Caledonia near Tyhee Lake.
The suspect, Kyle Hanes, 33 years old, has been charged with several offences in relation to dangerous driving and flight from police. He remains in custody and further charges may be laid.
If you have any information about this, please contact the Smithers RCMP at (250) 847-3233 or Crime Stoppers at 1(800) 222-8477.
- Can you help police ID two suspects?.. February 26, 2021
- ⚠️ More snow forecast for Prince George and Pine Pass regions… February 26, 2021
- Fatal crash claims one life west of Prince George… February 26, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 11, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, -16.1°C February 27, 2021
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 16. February 26, 2021
- Saturday: Chance of flurries. High minus 4. POP 40% February 26, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 4. POP 60% February 26, 2021
- Sunday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. February 26, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 1. February 26, 2021
- Monday: Periods of snow. High minus 3. February 26, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. February 26, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 2. February 26, 2021