SMITHERS, BC: A male suspect wanted on several warrants out of Prince George and Fort St. John has been arrested following a series of events in the Smithers and Houston areas last week…
Police say on Monday, September 14 2020, Smithers RCMP attempted to conduct a traffic stop involving a pickup truck near Alfred Ave and Rupert Street in Smithers.
The truck, a brown Chev with Montana license plate, failed to stop for police and fled down Railway Avenue at a high rate of speed, narrowly missing a police vehicle.
This was the third time this truck had fled from police in the previous three days. At no time did the RCMP continue the pursuit in the interest of public safety. A suspect was identified and police were actively looking for the man.
On Thursday, September 17, 2020, Smithers RCMP located and arrested the man in relation to the pursuit. At the time the suspect was found to be in possession of a different truck that had been reported stolen from Houston, BC.
The suspect, also wanted on numerous warrants out of Prince George and Fort St. John, was found in possession of suspected stolen property belonging to different owners as well as property reported stolen from a break and enter at Camp Caledonia near Tyhee Lake.
The suspect, Kyle Hanes, 33 years old, has been charged with several offences in relation to dangerous driving and flight from police. He remains in custody and further charges may be laid.
If you have any information about this, please contact the Smithers RCMP at (250) 847-3233 or Crime Stoppers at 1(800) 222-8477.
- Winter Storm Warning in effect ⚠️ October 25, 2020
- PG area could see up to 15 cm of snow by Monday morning… October 24, 2020
- Charges approved in Drug Trafficking investigation… October 23, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 20, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -1.4°C October 25, 2020
- Sunday: Mainly cloudy. High zero. October 25, 2020
- Sunday night: A few flurries. Low minus 4. October 25, 2020
- Monday: Periods of snow or rain. High plus 4. October 25, 2020
- Monday night: Periods of rain. Low plus 4. October 25, 2020
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 8. October 25, 2020
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. October 25, 2020
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 5. October 25, 2020
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low zero. October 25, 2020