PRINCE GEORGE, BC: COVID-19 testing and contact tracing has allowed Northern Health to identify recent events and gatherings in the Prespatou region where individuals may have been exposed to COVID-19 but we are unable to identify and follow up with all contacts.
Individuals who may have attended any events, service, or gatherings (however large or small) in the Prespatou region where social distancing or appropriate masking was not in place or being observed since early August are asked to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and get tested if they begin to exhibit symptoms.
Public health contact tracing is under way, and where possible, NH is reaching out directly to individuals who may have been exposed. Individuals seeking a test should call their primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) or the NH COVID-19 Online Clinic & Info Line (1-844-645-7811).
Northeast BC residents are strongly encouraged to self-monitor, and to isolate and seek testing if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, NH encourages all Northern BC residents to:
- Get tested if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling sick.
- Maintain physical distancing of greater than two metres – this is more important than ever.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Have Safe Gatherings:
- Fewer faces in bigger spaces. Limit your gatherings to small groups and hold them outside.
- Keep gatherings to people you know and keep track of who attends, so we can contact them if someone gets infected. If you host a gathering, you are expected to have the names and contact information of those that attend.
- Limiting gathering size in private residences to six people.
- Maintain the confidentiality of those who are sick or who are contacts.
- Show support and caring to those who are sick or who are contacts.
- Two people injured following shooting in Dawson Creek… April 12, 2021
- Police incident on PG Pulpmill Road… April 10, 2021
- RCMP seek assistance in mischief investigation at coffee shop in Williams Lake… April 10, 2021