FORT ST. JOHN, BC: It is with great sadness that we report this to you today… Condolences goes out to family and friends of Sarah Foord.
A major crime investigation that initially began on July 10, as a missing person investigation has became a homicide investigation with charges being laid.
On Friday July 10, 2020, Sarah FOORD, 38, was reported by a family member as missing to the Fort St John RCMP.
On July 13, 2020, the BC RCMP North District Major Crime Unit became engaged in the missing person investigation when investigators were unable to rule out foul play. The BC RCMP Major Crime Unit, Fort St. John RCMP, Surrey RCMP, Forensic Identification/Forensic Search Units, Police Dog Section and other units from across the BC and Alberta worked collectively to try and locate Sarah FOORD.
On July 24, 2020, the continuing investigation resulted in the recovery of human remains in a remote location approximately 75 km north of Fort St. John. In consultation with the BC Coroner Service, and Sarah’s family the remains were confirmed to be those of Sarah FOORD.
The Investigative findings were provided to the BC Prosecution Service and on July 25 the BCPS approved one count of 2nd degree murder against John Wendell KEYLER, 35, for the murder of Sarah FOORD.
KEYLER was arrested without incident in Fort St. John and will make an appearance on Tuesday, July 28, 2020.
RCMP investigators continue to update Sarah’s family on the progress of the investigation and will continue to provide them support.
“I want to acknowledge all of the police investigators, staff and analysts who worked day and night on this investigation to find Sarah and secure a charge for her death” says Insp. Lorne Wood, North District Major Crime. “Also on behalf of the investigative team I want to thank Sarah’s family, members of the public and local businesses who came forward with information to assist with the investigation into the disappearance of Sarah. Our priority now is to prepare for court process”.
Released by BC RCMP.
- Serious crash on Moffat Bridge in Quesnel sends motorcyclist to hospital… August 13, 2020
- Fatal crash claims one life near Smithers… August 13, 2020
- More parents plan to get flu shot for kids this fall… August 13, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 3, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.3°C August 14, 2020
- Thursday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% August 13, 2020
- Friday: Mainly cloudy. High 19. August 13, 2020
- Friday night: Mainly cloudy. Low 10. August 13, 2020
- Saturday: Cloudy. High 18. August 13, 2020
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 12. August 13, 2020
- Sunday: Sunny. High 25. August 13, 2020
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 11. August 13, 2020
- Monday: Sunny. High 26. August 13, 2020