As of July 4, rainfall warnings have ended.
As of July 3, a further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected today and tonight across the BC Peace. A long episode of rain, at times heavy, continues.
Environment Canada Rainfall Warning continues…
A further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected to fall today and tonight over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park – Stone Mountain Park regions.
A persistent low pressure system over Alberta has led to several days of heavy rain over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park- Stone Mountain Park regions. So far in this rain event 40 to 80 mm of rain has fallen over the region since Wednesday morning.
After a brief break in the rain yesterday afternoon, widespread showers have redeveloped over the region overnight. The showers are expected to continue through tonight and ease on Saturday as the low pressure system weakens.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Watch for possible washouts near rivers, creeks and culverts.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Serious crash on Moffat Bridge in Quesnel sends motorcyclist to hospital… August 13, 2020
- Fatal crash claims one life near Smithers… August 13, 2020
- More parents plan to get flu shot for kids this fall… August 13, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 3, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.3°C August 14, 2020
- Thursday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% August 13, 2020
- Friday: Mainly cloudy. High 19. August 13, 2020
- Friday night: Mainly cloudy. Low 10. August 13, 2020
- Saturday: Cloudy. High 18. August 13, 2020
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 12. August 13, 2020
- Sunday: Sunny. High 25. August 13, 2020
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 11. August 13, 2020
- Monday: Sunny. High 26. August 13, 2020