As of July 4, rainfall warnings have ended.
As of July 3, a further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected today and tonight across the BC Peace. A long episode of rain, at times heavy, continues.
Environment Canada Rainfall Warning continues…
A further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected to fall today and tonight over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park – Stone Mountain Park regions.
A persistent low pressure system over Alberta has led to several days of heavy rain over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park- Stone Mountain Park regions. So far in this rain event 40 to 80 mm of rain has fallen over the region since Wednesday morning.
After a brief break in the rain yesterday afternoon, widespread showers have redeveloped over the region overnight. The showers are expected to continue through tonight and ease on Saturday as the low pressure system weakens.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Watch for possible washouts near rivers, creeks and culverts.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Serious crash closes Alaska Highway… March 2, 2021
- Increased drug toxicity leads to record number of January deaths… March 2, 2021
- Canada, B.C. invest in BC Transit bus shelters throughout province… March 2, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 11, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 1.3°C March 3, 2021
- Tuesday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 3. March 2, 2021
- Wednesday: Mainly sunny. High plus 5. March 2, 2021
- Wednesday night: A few clouds. Low minus 4. March 2, 2021
- Thursday: Sunny. High plus 3. March 2, 2021
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 1. March 2, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. March 2, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 6. March 2, 2021
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High zero. March 2, 2021