As of July 4, rainfall warnings have ended.
As of July 3, a further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected today and tonight across the BC Peace. A long episode of rain, at times heavy, continues.
Environment Canada Rainfall Warning continues…
A further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected to fall today and tonight over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park – Stone Mountain Park regions.
A persistent low pressure system over Alberta has led to several days of heavy rain over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park- Stone Mountain Park regions. So far in this rain event 40 to 80 mm of rain has fallen over the region since Wednesday morning.
After a brief break in the rain yesterday afternoon, widespread showers have redeveloped over the region overnight. The showers are expected to continue through tonight and ease on Saturday as the low pressure system weakens.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Watch for possible washouts near rivers, creeks and culverts.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Weapons related charges possible following report of gunfire… May 18, 2021
- Police in Williams Lake seek Wanted female… May 18, 2021
- Fatal crash on Alaska Highway claims one life… May 17, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 8.8°C May 19, 2021
- Tuesday night: Mainly cloudy. Low plus 1 with patchy frost. May 18, 2021
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 13. May 18, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 1. May 18, 2021
- Thursday: Sunny. High 15. May 18, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low plus 1. May 18, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High 16. May 18, 2021
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 5. May 18, 2021
- Saturday: Sunny. High 19. May 18, 2021