PRINCE GEORGE, BC: On Tuesday May 19, 2020, a member of the Prince George RCMP’s Street Crew Unit with assistance from the Detachment’s General Duty Section, conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in a parking lot on Austin Road in Prince George…
The driver resisted arrest, but was taken into custody shortly after. Once the suspect was placed in handcuffs, officers found a prohibited firearm on the floorboard of the driver’s seat. The firearm was loaded.
Jamie Wade Fatum, a 27 year-old Prince George man, has been charged by the BC Prosecution Service with the following ten Criminal Code offences:
- Possession of a firearm without being authorized;
- Possession of a ammunition without being authorized;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle;
- Careless use of a firearm;
- Possession of a firearm without a licence;
- Possession of a firearm while knowingly did not have a licence;
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace;
- Remove a serial number from a firearm;
- Resist arrest;
- Possession of property obtained by crime.
Fatum has been held in custody and is scheduled to appear in court on Friday June 12, 2020.
A female passenger was arrested at the time of the incident, but later released without charge.
If you have any information about firearms related Criminal offences, please contact the Prince George RCMP at (250)561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1(800)222-8477
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021
- Steven MCPHEE wanted on several offences… June 11, 2021