Following today’s recommendation from the Provincial medical health officer to cancel all gatherings of greater than 50 people, the City of Prince George will be closing the following civic facilities:
- All arenas: CN Centre, the Rolling Mix Concrete Arena, Elksentre, and the Kin Centres
- Pools: the Prince George Aquatic Centre and the Four Seasons Leisure Pool
- Prince George Conference and Civic Centre
These facilities will be open until 5:00 pm today. Subsequently, they will be closed until further notice.
UPDATE: Other Local Facility Closures
The Prince George Public Library branches will be closed to the public until further notice as of 9:00pm tonight. Further information is available here.
The Northern Sport Centre Ltd. Board of Directors (a partnership between the City of Prince George and UNBC) has decided it is in the public interest to close the Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre as of 11:00pm tonight. Further information is available here.
Tourism Prince George is announcing that the Visitor Information Centre on First Avenue is closed and will be re-evaluated on March 30. Visitor information will continue to be available online: http://www.tourismpg.com.
Effective at 5:00pm today, the Prince George RCMP Detachment will be closing front counter access to the public. While non-essential services at the Detachment will be suspended, phones in the vestibule of the Detachment will continue to be available.
In addition to the civic facilities identified, Tourism Prince George is announcing that the Visitor Information Centre on First Avenue is closed and will be re-evaluated on March 30. Visitor information will continue to be available online: www.tourismpg.com.
The City is also activating its Emergency Operations Centre in order to manage the ongoing delivery of civic operations and services in a coordinated way.
The City has various channels that it will be continuing to use in order to communicate with residents:
- A COVID-19 web page: www.princegeorge.ca/covid-19
- Social media channels, especially Facebook and Twitter: www.facebook.com/cityofpg and www.twitter.com/cityofpg
- Email for those who subscribe to receive updates, such as from the “media releases” and “emergency alerts” categories: www.princegeorge.ca/subscribe
- Updates to local news media
- Two people injured following shooting in Dawson Creek… April 12, 2021
- Police incident on PG Pulpmill Road… April 10, 2021
- RCMP seek assistance in mischief investigation at coffee shop in Williams Lake… April 10, 2021