🎃 Happy Halloween! Here’s some tips for tonight…
Tonight is Halloween and the Prince George RCMP is sending out some reminders on how to stay safe while enjoying the night… 👻
“With all the excitement and build up that kids, teens and adults alike have around this night of tricks and treats, it is still very important that we keep safety a priority. 🦇 Whether you are going door-to-door, heading to a Halloween party or setting off fireworks, safety is everyone’s responsibility,” states Cpl. Jennifer Cooper, Media Relations Officer for the Prince George RCMP.
Here are a few tips to help keep us safe this Halloween:
🎃 When trick-or-treating:
- Wear a bright costume to heighten visibility.
- Make sure you can walk in your costume without tripping.
- Create a fun necklace with string and glow sticks, wear reflective armbands or carry flashlights.
- Stay on the sidewalks and make sure you are crossing at the corners. 🧙
- Make sure people know your route, and carry a cell phone with you in case of emergency.
- Slow down in areas where trick-or-treaters are out.
- Be ready for kids crossing at unexpected places. 👻
- Make sure your costume doesn’t interfere with being able to see clearly or operate your vehicle.
If you plan to have fireworks on Halloween night, make sure you have checked out the City of Prince George’s bylaws on fireworks, If you have concerns regarding the misuse of fireworks in your neighborhood, remember to use the non-emergency line by calling 250-560-3300. Please do not use 911 for fireworks related concerns, 911 is reserved for emergencies only.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!
Shane Chevalier, owner of PJXM News, decorates for Halloween on the front lawn of his home on Burden Street near 15th Ave. Come check it out tonight between 5:30 pm to 7:45 pm.