Ended as of 5:30 pm on Monday October 10. 2022.
Environment Canada has issued a Special Weather Statement as a cold front will be moving into British Columbia later today and bring with it fall like weather, including strong wind gusts to BC North on Monday. Winds could gust up to 80km/h by the noon hour for the BC Peace on Monday.
Below is the statement from Environment Canada…
Locations: B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, Muncho Lake Park – Stone Mountain Park.
Wind gust intensity: Southwesterly winds gusting to 50-70 km/h in the morning shifting to northwesterly winds gusting to 60-80 km/h in the afternoon.
Remarks: A strong cold front will sweep through British Columbia on Monday. Ahead of the cold front, moderate winds are expected this afternoon and tonight. Wind gusts will reach 40 to 50 km/h from the southwest.
For Monday, wind direction will shift from southwest to northwest. The wind shifts are expected early Monday morning for Fort Nelson and near noon for B.C. Peace River. Wind gusts will reach 50 to 70 km/h in the morning and 60 to 80 km/h in the afternoon. Strong winds will abate Monday night.
Strong winds will cause drought-weakened tree branches to break and toss loose objects. These may give rise to injuries, damages, or power outages.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John October 28, 2022
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -10.4°C November 27, 2022
- Sunday: Snow. Temperature steady near minus 10. November 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 18. November 27, 2022
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. Temperature steady near minus 18. November 27, 2022
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 22. November 27, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 20. November 27, 2022
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 25. November 27, 2022
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 23. November 27, 2022
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 29. November 27, 2022