Below is a message from the BC Wildfire Service as smoke has moved into the North Peace region at this time…
Wildfire smoke seen on this DriveBC.ca camera on the Alaska Highway approximately 6 km south of Sikanni Chief, between Fort St. John and Fort Nelson.
— Message from BC Wildfire Service…
We have received a number of calls regarding smoke in the Sikanni area between Fort St. John and Fort Nelson. Smoke from wildfires in the Yukon and Northwest Territories is moving southwards along the eastern edge of the Northern Rocky Mountains and is highly visible from the Sikanni and Pink Mountain areas. Air patrols have not detected any active wildfires in the area.
Thank you to the public for their vigilance in reporting visible smoke. Please report signs of smoke or active wildfires to 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 on your cell phone.
Information on wildfire’s impacts on road travel can be found at http://www.drivebc.ca
Mile 73 of the Alaska Highway. North of Fort St. John. DriveBC.ca
Information on smoke in your area can be found at firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/
Information on smoke can also be found in the BC Wildfire Service App by viewing the layer labelled: Smoke Forecast, Hourly.
Alaska Highway near Trutch at mile 202 rest stop. South of Fort Nelson. DriveBC.ca
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 2, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 21.3°C August 12, 2022
- Thursday night: A few clouds. Low 13. August 11, 2022
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 27. POP 30% August 11, 2022
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 14. POP 30% August 11, 2022
- Saturday: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. High 27. POP 70% August 11, 2022
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low 14. POP 40% August 11, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 23. August 11, 2022
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 15. August 11, 2022
- Monday: Sunny. High 24. August 11, 2022