UPDATE: We can confirm that Anita Nielsen has been located deceased. The BC Coroners Service has taken over the investigation and no further updates will be released by PJXM News.
The Dawson Creek RCMP would like to thank all of the supporting units and community members who aided in the investigation. As of 3:30 pm June 23, 2022.
DAWSON CREEK, BC: The Dawson Creek RCMP is currently searching for a missing woman last seen on June 22…
Anita Nielsen was last in contact with her family on June 22, 2022 at 9:00 AM. Anita may be in the area of the Old Kiskatinaw Bridge on the Old Alaska Highway near Dawson Creek and is likely travelling by foot.
Anita is described as:
- Caucasian woman
- 63 years old
- Blonde hair and blue eyes
- 5’6″ tall
- Likely wearing glasses
Police have concern for Anita’s safety and well being. Several resources are being committed to ensuring her safe return including: Air Services, Police Dog Services and Search and Rescue.
Anyone who may have seen Anita or have information about her whereabouts are urged to contact the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250-784-3700. If you wish to remain anonymous please contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH ENDED, Fort St. John June 27, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 17.4°C June 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. Low 10. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 18. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% June 27, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 21. June 27, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 10. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 24. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low 12. June 27, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 25. June 27, 2022