UPDATE: Flood Watch has ended and A High Streamflow advisory is in place instead. As of June 19, 2022.
The River Forecast Centre is upgrading to a Flood Watch for:
• Peace Region, including tributaries around Fort St. John, Taylor, Chetwynd, Moberly Lake, Pine Pass, Hudson’s Hope and Dawson Creek
A low-pressure system is impacting the Peace Region with rainfall. Precipitation amounts around 10-40 mm have been observed through the region since yesterday, and additional rainfall expected through Friday.
Rivers are expected to rise rapidly on Friday in response to rainfall. Smaller creeks are already showing signs of rapid rise.
Current hydrologic modelling is indicating the potential for 5-year to 10-year flows, and potentially higher, in areas around Hudson’s Hope, Moberly Lake, Chetwynd, Taylor, Chetwynd and Fort St. John.
Flows are expected to reach peak levels late Friday, and into Saturday/Sunday for larger watersheds.
The public is advised to stay clear of the fast-flowing rivers and potentially unstable riverbanks during the high-streamflow period. Be prepared and know your hazards.
The River Forecast Centre continues to monitor the conditions and will provide updates as conditions warrant.
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH ENDED, Fort St. John June 27, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 17.4°C June 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. Low 10. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 18. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% June 27, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 21. June 27, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 10. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 24. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low 12. June 27, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 25. June 27, 2022