UPDATE: Flood Watch has ended and A High Streamflow advisory is in place instead. As of June 19, 2022.
The River Forecast Centre is upgrading to a Flood Watch for:
• Peace Region, including tributaries around Fort St. John, Taylor, Chetwynd, Moberly Lake, Pine Pass, Hudson’s Hope and Dawson Creek
A low-pressure system is impacting the Peace Region with rainfall. Precipitation amounts around 10-40 mm have been observed through the region since yesterday, and additional rainfall expected through Friday.
Rivers are expected to rise rapidly on Friday in response to rainfall. Smaller creeks are already showing signs of rapid rise.
Current hydrologic modelling is indicating the potential for 5-year to 10-year flows, and potentially higher, in areas around Hudson’s Hope, Moberly Lake, Chetwynd, Taylor, Chetwynd and Fort St. John.
Flows are expected to reach peak levels late Friday, and into Saturday/Sunday for larger watersheds.
The public is advised to stay clear of the fast-flowing rivers and potentially unstable riverbanks during the high-streamflow period. Be prepared and know your hazards.
The River Forecast Centre continues to monitor the conditions and will provide updates as conditions warrant.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 18, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 15.3°C September 26, 2022
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 23. September 26, 2022
- Monday night: Clearing. Low 10. September 26, 2022
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 25. September 26, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 8. September 26, 2022
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. September 26, 2022
- Wednesday night: Cloudy. Low 10. September 26, 2022
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 40% September 26, 2022
- Thursday night: Clear. Low 6. September 26, 2022