UPDATE 3: Ended coverage on this wildfire. As of June 8, 2022. The fire has been held.
UPDATE 2: The fire is estimated at 545 hectares and is being held. As of June 6, 2022.
UPDATE: The fire is now at an estimated 500 hectares. As of 9:15 AM Saturday June 4, 2022. There are no structures threatened by this fire but wind could blow smoke into nearby communities. The fire was caused by lightning.
The BC Wildfire Service is currently responding to a 150 hectare wildfire in the Fort St. John Zone. BCWS says NO structures are being threatened. Wildfire crews and water bombers are dispatched to the scene.
Updates to follow in this posting.
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is responding to the Sikanni Chief River Wildfire (G80265) in the Fort St John Zone, SW of the Sikanni Chief Canyon Park. It is estimated at 150 ha and no homes or structures are being threatened. BCWS personnel and airtankers are responding. #YXJ
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH ENDED, Fort St. John June 27, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 17.4°C June 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. Low 10. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 18. POP 60% June 27, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% June 27, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 21. June 27, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 10. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 24. June 27, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low 12. June 27, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 25. June 27, 2022