UPDATE 2: A few roads that had opened this morning are once again closed. Please click here to view the latest list…
All roads that were damaged on Saturday have been fixed and now open. As of 9:56 am Sunday May 29, 2022.
Rainfall Total UPDATE: The rainfall warning has since ended. Fort St. John airport recorded 42.8 mm of rain in 24 hours on Saturday. Dawson Creek airport recorded 31.5 mm of rain. The list of roads that have been damaged has not changed. As of 8 am Sunday, May 29. Good news is there is no rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. Road Recovery efforts will continue.
Due to the heavy rainfall in the North Peace region, there are numerous road closures throughout the area, according to Dawson Road Maintenance. Check below for closure information…
Please avoid the following areas:
- 262 Rd west of the Rose Prairie Road, closed, alternate routes are available.
- 140 Road Stoddart Creek Road, washed out between the 254 Rd and Welch Road, closed, alternate routes are available.
- 273 Road, washed out 500 m south of the 254 Rd, no alternate routes available.
- 250 Road, closed due to flooding, no alternate routes available.
- 656 Road Lyndon Subdivision, closed due to flooding at Km 1, no alternate routes available.
All updates will be posted to the top of this thread when available.
Please use this link to DriveBC.ca for the latest information on road events in the Peace.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 17, 2023
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -12.5°C January 30, 2023
- Monday: Mainly cloudy. High minus 10. January 30, 2023
- Monday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 15. POP 40% January 30, 2023
- Tuesday: Snow. High minus 12. January 30, 2023
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday: Snow. High minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 24. January 30, 2023
- Thursday: Snow. High minus 14. January 30, 2023
- Thursday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 13. POP 60% January 30, 2023