UPDATE: The RCMP has updated the story to say one of the vehicles involved had a passenger who suffered minor injuries. The passenger was also taken to hospital for treatment.
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Two people are in serious condition following a vehicle crash on the Alaska Highway (AH) Wednesday morning…
Police say at approximately 8:20 AM, RCMP, Fire and EHS were notified of a multi-vehicle collision on the AH south of the city near the 259 Rd.
When emergency crews arrived, they located two pickup trucks involved in a head-on collision. The drivers were the sole occupant of each vehicle.
Emergency crews extracted the drivers, both with serious injuries and were taken to hospital for emergency care.
The RCMP Traffic Reconstruction Unit remains on scene and the highway remains closed. Please follow direction of flaggers in the area for a detour route.
The Fort St. John RCMP continue to investigate and is asking anyone who may have additional information or dash cam video related to this crash to contact police by calling the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 17, 2023
- Current Conditions: Cloudy, 1.8°C February 4, 2023
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low zero. POP 30% February 3, 2023
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4. February 3, 2023
- Saturday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 3. February 3, 2023
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 1. February 3, 2023
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 5. February 3, 2023
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 5. February 3, 2023
- Monday night: Cloudy. Low minus 2. February 3, 2023
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries or rain showers. High zero. POP 60% February 3, 2023