FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Alaska Highway was closed earlier this morning following a single vehicle crash involving a commercial truck…
On January 20, 2022 at 7:35 AM, the Fort St. John RCMP received multiple reports of a multi-vehicle collision involving a bus, a tractor trailer and two pickup trucks by Shephards Inn on the Alaska Highway, north of the city.
Officers attended and determined it was a single vehicle rollover with no other vehicles involved. The tractor trailer was blocking the highway.
The commercial truck driver had been following another vehicle which stopped for a school bus in the opposite lane, with an activated Stop sign arm for a child crossing the road. The driver of the commercial truck was unable to stop, jackknifing and rolling on its side, blocking the highway.
The tractor trailer was hauling food goods and leaked a small amount of diesel, with no environmental impact. No injuries were sustained by anyone involved.
The driver of the tractor trailer was issued multiple violation tickets on scene.
The highway has since reopened.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 4, 2023
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 2.0°C February 5, 2023
- Sunday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High plus 4. POP 30% February 5, 2023
- Sunday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 2 with temperature rising to plus 1 by morning. POP 30% February 5, 2023
- Monday: Chance of flurries. High plus 5. POP 30% February 5, 2023
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 4. February 5, 2023
- Tuesday: Sunny. High plus 1. February 5, 2023
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. February 5, 2023
- Wednesday: Sunny. High zero. February 5, 2023
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 8. February 5, 2023