UPDATE: A low pressure system moving through northern B.C. will cause strong, gusty winds to develop today, Monday November 22. Winds from the south or southwest at 40-50 km/h gusting to 70-80 km/h are expected. These winds may toss loose objects or cause small tree branches to break. The strong winds will ease this evening.
Environment Canada is forecasting strong wind gusts up to 70 km/h on Monday in the Prince George region and the BC Peace region. Freezing rain and wet snow is expected in the BC Peace Sunday night.
For Prince George, temperatures in the region are expected to rise to plus 6 on Monday and drop down to minus 6 overnight Tuesday. Wind gusts could reach up to 70 km Monday afternoon.
For the BC Peace, temperatures will stay around 1 degree on Monday and then drop down to minus 17 during the overnight Tuesday. Wind gusts could reach around 70 km Monday afternoon. Snow and freezing rain is also expected in the BC Peace region Sunday night and during the overnight Monday.
Be prepared for power outages that could occur due to strong wind gusts, particularly in rural areas.
If a warning is issued by Environment Canada we’ll update this post with new information.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -22.9°C December 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 23. POP 40% December 4, 2021
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 15. December 4, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 19. December 4, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 11. December 4, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 17. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 8. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. December 4, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% December 4, 2021