Environment Canada has issued a Rainfall warning for the BC Peace…
The forecast calls for thunderstorms and rain beginning later Saturday evening and rain all day Sunday. 40 to 60 mm of rain is expected to fall between Saturday night and late Sunday. The amount could be more, around 80 mm, mostly around areas within the Rockies and areas that may experience severe thunderstorms. A severe thunderstorm Watch is in effect as well.
Heavy rain today through Sunday
Total rainfall: 40 to 60 mm with locally higher amounts possible
Other risks: Thunderstorms giving strong wind gusts and hail. Risk of a severe thunderstorm this afternoon and evening.
Location: B.C. Peace with highest rainfall near the Rockies.
Timespan: Late this afternoon through Sunday afternoon.
Remarks: A low system moving across the B.C. Peace will lead to widespread showers with thunderstorms giving heavy downpours late this afternoon and evening. As the low tracks into Alberta overnight, easterly upslope flow will develop resulting in widespread rain continuing overnight and Sunday.
Rainfall amounts of 40 to 60 mm are likely. There is the potential for locally higher amounts up to 80 mm. The highest rainfall amounts are expected near the Rockies, or in areas hit by heavy thunderstorm downpours.
Conditions will improve Sunday evening as the system departs.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Heavy rainfall in combination with other weather factors, such as hail, wind and lightning will make outdoor activities unsafe.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.3°C September 23, 2021
- Thursday: Mainly cloudy. High 13. September 23, 2021
- Thursday night: Partly cloudy. Low 7. September 23, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. September 23, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low 8. September 23, 2021
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 18. September 23, 2021
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 4. September 23, 2021
- Sunday: Cloudy. High 16. September 23, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy. Low 6. September 23, 2021